What To Expect:
(First, download our Intake Form and call 662-842-5060 for an appointment.)
1. A SAFE ENVIRONMENT
- "Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors there is safety." - Proverbs 11:14
- We practice confidentiality. Your story is safe here.
- We are not alarmed by ugly pasts, shameful choices, habits, and deep insecurities.
2. YOU MAY FEEL ANXIOUS ABOUT YOUR FIRST VISIT
- “Brothers and sisters, if someone is overtaken in any wrongdoing, you who are spiritual, restore such a person with a gentle spirit.” - Gal.6:1
- Be encouraged. Our counselors make it our goal to honor God by restoring you gently.
- First Visit Responses: " I am so thankful I came.” “I never felt judged.” “You led me with questions that helped me remember.” “You counseled with truth and came alongside me." “I wasn’t condemned or judged, just given Truth.”
3. NO COUNSELING FEE
- We gratefully welcome donations and do seek out Kingdom investors.
- We do not want your financial situation to keep you from getting help.
4. INTAKE FORM
- Click here to download, print, complete the form, and bring it with you. This data is an overview of why you are here.
5. OUR COUNSELORS ARE SKILLED TO LOCATE HIDDEN INNER HEART THAT THE ENEMY USES TO KEEP US IN BONDAGE.
Why is this important?
- "The heart is more deceitful than anything else and incurable (to tackle alone); who can understand it? ………." - Jeremiah 17:9
- “But a one who has understanding will draw it out”. - Proverbs 20:5.
- The Bible clearly says the root problem lies within the heart (mind).
- The root problem hidden in the heart is the driving force behind behavior.
- Satan has hides this from you, keeping you confused, helpless, and hopeless.
- The skilled counselor works to expose it so you can know how to heal.
- That IS NOT possible through modern psychology and therapies.
6. OUR GOAL IS TO EQUIP YOU WITH LIFE SKILLS AND TOOLS:
- To stop destructive behaviors.
- To manage emotions.
- To deal with present and future life issues, daily.
- To help you find purpose and God’s will in your journey.
- To move you from fear to faith.
First Session Expectations:
INTAKE FORM (click here): completing it and bringing it with you will give us more time together; you can wait to fill out at our office.
- The counselor will review the counseling process with you.
- The counselor's goal is to get a "Big Picture" the first visit.
- We want to ease your concerns of not knowing what to say, how to say it, or remembering.
- The counselor is skilled, using questions that lead you in what needs to be said.
- Remember, the counselor is there to come alongside you, helping you get unstuck, providing you with solutions and skills to help you heal and grow.
Continuing Sessions are encouraged (average 6 visits), depending on:
- The complexity and difficulty of the life issues at hand.
- The counselees desire and commitment to change.
- The counselor's assessment of progress.
Our Primary Counseling Text:
- The Bible and supporting material that comes directly from the Bible.
"By His divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. There are promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires." - 2 Peter 1:3-4
What To Bring?
INTAKE FORM and a desire for change.
Counseling works only when you are committed to the process.